Monday, November 7, 2011

A New Hope

My wish for this blog is to have something for my son to read that will give him a hope when life may get to points in which hope is to far to hold on to or that it continues his hope and helps to provide perseverance. Most of these will be from my life lessons that I have experienced in my short time here. Some may pass wisdom and knowledge, and others may invoke courage. I hope to follow close with the Lord as he shows me how to be a great Father and pass on the legacy of following Him. My life has taught me that when you can't be certain of anything, you can be certain that God has got you covered and His plans are better than yours.

James, my favorite book in the bible and one I probably quote most often. Chapter 1 verse 5-8 (look it up). Never have I found this to be untrue. It is something I should walk out of my house everyday asking for. I have to say this is one of the greatest promises that God has given, granted he has given a lot and he promises much more but for me I see the most value in this one. Just simply asking for wisdom and getting it is all too powerful. There are many situations that I wish I would have asked for the wisdom to handle them but i relied on my own understanding. This wisdom can help in any situation. Need wisdom for a test? Ask for it! Need wisdom on a relationship? Ask for it! Need wisdom on how to out smart your dad? Ask for it! Although if you ask me, that one will never happen... but I am not the Lord. Wisdom is one of the things I don't feel bad about expecting. I expect that whenever I ask for it, it will be given. I know that is the promise He has made. You can never walk through this world with too much wisdom. Any time anyone gives you and opportunity to learn, you take it. Whether it's throwing a ball, knitting a sweater, or advice; you take it and learn from it. If ever you have a question just know your dad is there to help and what he doesn't know, Google does.

If you every hold on to any wisdom hold on to this: Your father loves you and would do anything for you, though I may make mistakes I will never stop loving you. Even while you may be miles away and I can't see you, my heart is always reserved for you. With how much I love you I can't even compare to the love that God has for you. He will be your savior everyday and if I'm lucky he will allow me to play that part for Him sometimes.

Love ya,
Dad

2 comments: