Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Love

Against the ropes. Stood up against a wall. On the mat. In the den. Buried in sorrow. Nothing to show. We will rise and rise again. To fight and defend. There is hope that must use courage. There is strength that must use faith. Until the last breath is taken. There will be no surrender. Not to he or she. Not to them or we. We will stand and fight for those we love. Backed by the force of a never ending love.

I wrote this for you. I can't explain it and you will have trouble understanding it until you have a kid of your own but there is nothing you can do that will make me stop loving you. You may upset me or even get mad at me but that will never change the fact that I love you. You will go through a lot in your life and when I may fail you I won't stop fighting for you. When I do fail though, there is a stronger Father that I hope you will always look up to. I will make my mistakes but God is there to help both you and me when we come up short. I hope you always raise you eyes to him and call on him to be your strength everyday. His love never fails.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (look it up). This is a clear message on how to love. Learn from it and hold on to it, it will never lead you the wrong way. Love everyone like this, especially if it is the hard. Forgive and love everyone around you, never intend to hurt someone. God has great plans for you and will build you to be an example of His glory and power.

Love ya,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment